December News

Re: December News

Postby Erpforlife » 12 Dec 2014, 16:13

Bigpwn wrote:Implementing Dampening for 2vs2 matches:

For this next point we decided to get some inspiration from retail, we will be implementing the dampening system retail uses in 2v2. Dampening will kick in after 8 minutes, reducing healing received and absorption effects by 1% per stack. Stacks are increased every 10 seconds.
If feedback requires it, we might want to increase the time for dampening to begin in higher rated matches.

The tooltip in-game states that it reduces damage and healing, not absorption, which one is correct?

Postby Enixy » 12 Dec 2014, 19:07

Nephalem wrote:How do you dare to use brutal transmog than, when ur max 2s exp is 2253? What a hypocrite.
Also transmogs with 2500+ req would be very wise, since atm noone is near to this rating, and you have to be top 20 in 3s to buy the 2050 shoulders.

Why you real mad? I can change it to Dreadnaught if you want, lol. 2500+ req would be very wise? Are you seriously kidding me? They are "TOP" t-mogs. If 2350 can get "TOP" t-mog. How can it be "top" then? + top 20 makes 2050? for now maybe. But when everyone starts to play it, it'll change. You gotta think about it lil bit more I think. Decreasing things not get us to play. At least "that much" decrease

Postby Nephalem » 13 Dec 2014, 10:41

Nah idc about it, but it was a bit ironic that u are against the 2,2k s4 transmog and you still use it.
So they are top transmogs, and you would wear them proudly when you got 2500+ in a season when soloq rank1 was 3k, well its rly far from top i think.
Y clearly everyone will play 3s, idk if you noticed, but they gave legendary boxes to 3s, still noone played it, they started to give titles (death's demise etc) even for lower ratings, still noone played it, 3s is dead.
Also i would play 3s/soloq, but enough to look at the ladder (2200 in soloq is top50), and i change my mind instantly, and waiting time in soloq as melee is ridiculous, so cba.

Postby Easyrider » 13 Dec 2014, 14:55

Hello AT Staff, are you planning some donation (vote, donation coins) for WoD?

Postby Enixy » 13 Dec 2014, 19:38

Nephalem wrote:Nah idc about it, but it was a bit ironic that u are against the 2,2k s4 transmog and you still use it.
So they are top transmogs, and you would wear them proudly when you got 2500+ in a season when soloq rank1 was 3k, well its rly far from top i think.
Y clearly everyone will play 3s, idk if you noticed, but they gave legendary boxes to 3s, still noone played it, they started to give titles (death's demise etc) even for lower ratings, still noone played it, 3s is dead.
Also i would play 3s/soloq, but enough to look at the ladder (2200 in soloq is top50), and i change my mind instantly, and waiting time in soloq as melee is ridiculous, so cba.

It's not ironic if it is available lol :D + You seriously no idea what top tmogs are. So r1 is 3k r10 is 2600 kappa. r1 was 2.8k and I was r47 or something kinda that with 2571. + They are giving titles from solo que, too so nobody has to find 2 people to play 3s. + that 3 people has to be online @ same time. Pretty tough ha? They are giving boxes from solo que. I thought solo que was going to be a tool for 3v3. Naa jk. 3v3 is tool now ;) waiting time is melee is ridiculous so we can change it a lil bit like : those melees can pair up together (enhancement shaman, retribution paladin, protection warrior, death knight, protection paladin, feral druid)

Whatever, u like to say cba to people. Totally waste of time to have a discussion with you :) that was my last answer. Have a nice day.

Postby Skull » 13 Dec 2014, 23:39

Dampening for 2vs2 is just a bad idea...
Imagine, FOR INSTANCE, war/pal against disc/ret. It is almost impossible for disc and ret pala to win on burst against good war pal. So they need to burn pala's mana, and they wont be able t odo it in 8 mins. So after this time, priest will heal nothing which is already incredibly hard to survive arms warrior. Such priest will not even think about mana burn after 8 mins due to the fact he has to save his life. This is just an example, but a lot of comps will die cause of this change. I even dare to say that whole 2vs2 system will die now. consider that and try to solve this somehow, for instance by implementing normal 3s dementia for 2vs2 matches which increase dmg AND heal. This would be good for every comp, boosting both sides (comps).
Kind regards...

Postby Enixy » 14 Dec 2014, 12:22

Skull wrote:Dampening for 2vs2 is just a bad idea...
Imagine, FOR INSTANCE, war/pal against disc/ret. It is almost impossible for disc and ret pala to win on burst against good war pal. So they need to burn pala's mana, and they wont be able t odo it in 8 mins. So after this time, priest will heal nothing which is already incredibly hard to survive arms warrior. Such priest will not even think about mana burn after 8 mins due to the fact he has to save his life. This is just an example, but a lot of comps will die cause of this change. I even dare to say that whole 2vs2 system will die now. consider that and try to solve this somehow, for instance by implementing normal 3s dementia for 2vs2 matches which increase dmg AND heal. This would be good for every comp, boosting both sides (comps).
Kind regards...

Imagine Disc/ret. With Overpower nerf + rend does not ticking when it does hit to shield (which means absorb) there is no way can pala/war win it. Because all of warriors hits will go to shields (sacred and power word)

Postby nargftw » 14 Dec 2014, 13:56

"Dampening will kick in after 8 minutes, reducing healing received and absorption effects by 1% per stack."
--> no it won't go to shields more than before

Postby Enixy » 14 Dec 2014, 21:44

nargftw wrote:"Dampening will kick in after 8 minutes, reducing healing received and absorption effects by 1% per stack."
--> no it won't go to shields more than before

Well we are telling the same thing I think. Before dampening we had no way to kill them cause all of hits were going to shields. So now, we have a chance to kill ret/disc

Postby Cappedbro » 18 Dec 2014, 10:55

Yeah i agree about the dampening buff.. I`m playing DK/Hpal quite solid i might say, and vs Warr/Hpala teams even noobs kill us... It is really frustrating, cuz these kind of matches tend to take quite alot of time to finish, and dampening reduces that time greatly, but it also destroys the chance of DK/Hpal ever wining 2v2 match vs Warr/Hpala teams... Before it was 50% 50% chance of wining for both teams, now after 8 mins warr can just sit and destroy without any problems... I think the Staff should re-think this idea, cuz it kinda killed my comp, and Warr/Hpala is the most played combo on the server so i cant get high rating on the ladder..

Postby Ood » 18 Dec 2014, 16:23

Different subject, new season: do we get the loss if we leave 3s solo que now?
--------
edit: I mean, do we lose rating for leaving/or not joining at all an arena 3s solo before it has started?

Postby nedalskek » 21 Dec 2014, 16:53

getting profession skill pts from 2s already ingame in wotlk?
cant check atm

Postby Melataex » 21 Dec 2014, 18:26

Cappedbro wrote:Yeah i agree about the dampening buff.. I`m playing DK/Hpal quite solid i might say, and vs Warr/Hpala teams even noobs kill us... It is really frustrating, cuz these kind of matches tend to take quite alot of time to finish, and dampening reduces that time greatly, but it also destroys the chance of DK/Hpal ever wining 2v2 match vs Warr/Hpala teams... Before it was 50% 50% chance of wining for both teams, now after 8 mins warr can just sit and destroy without any problems... I think the Staff should re-think this idea, cuz it kinda killed my comp, and Warr/Hpala is the most played combo on the server so i cant get high rating on the ladder..

It killed other healer/dps vs hpal/warr too :) Biggest buff hpal/warr has seen vs healer/DPS setups, as if they needed it, brilliant.

Postby Csms » 22 Dec 2014, 18:36

u killed all healer / dps comps and buffed war / pal gj AT staff, will come back when u delete this shit dampening buff.

i just did 830 judgement crit on warrior who was hitting me for 5k. u should reconsider ur change!

Return to Server News