Postby Dayz » 28 Oct 2014, 15:10

Name:
Alexander N

Home Town:
Stockholm, Sweden

Timezone:
GMT +1

About you:
I was born in the United Kingdom (which I have to blame for my proficiency in the English language) and later moved to Sweden. I picked up both Swedish and Danish here. My passion has always been football. I love the team Hammarby, and I attend their games as often as I can. I have customer service experience through my job, and I've enjoyed several low profile game master jobs in the past. This makes me a relatively well rounded applicant.

What more are you going to do to help the server?:
For the first time in a long while, I feel like the AT GM team has finally closed the gap between player relations and support. No longer can someone come up here and write about how it's taken three days for their ticket to get answered. This raises the bar quite a bit for any future applicants. But, it's important not to lose sight of fundamentals. We need to keep pushing for perfection, and eventually surpass it. Customer relations and support happens to be my specialty, so this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Approximately, how many hours a day can you play? Also what time of a day?:
I can offer up enough hours to completely cover tickets in my own time-zone, and then some.

Any other skills (Photoshop, Web Design, C++, etc)?:
I have extensive Photoshop knowledge, as well as an affinity for creative design and video editing.

What views do you have towards the job of GM?:
It's a job that isn't to be taken lightly. And, from experience, I understand that it isn't the type of job you'd call "fun" either. It's a purely volunteer position with responsibility that sometimes outweighs the benefits. But, it comes with prestige - and this is prestige to be respected.

How active are you in Game and on the forums?:
I can be in-game consistently for up to five hours a day. I've recently gone on leave, so this affords me the opportunity to waste my time doing tickets all day! In regards to the forums, I'm mostly active in support threads. I do my best to stay away from the other bullshit that generally pollutes the off-topic board.

How long have you been with Arena-tournament.com?:
Since it was called Abyssal-WoW.

Why should I pick you instead of someone else?:
Well, honestly, there are a whole bunch of great applicants here. I'm sure everyone on this board feels as if they can make a difference in one way or another - or else they wouldn't be applying for this position. The experience I offer is time tested, and, I already had a deeply rooted connection with one of the current staff members. This is important in a constantly evolving line of work which pits teamwork above all else. I also wholly understand the responsibilities a GM has when chosen - and it is not all fun and games. It is serious, and I plan to take it as such.

Last Words:
Just to add, I've already been selected once to be a GM here on AT. Unfortunately, unprecedented circumstances at the time kept me from joining the staff. Thank you for reading and I'll see you all ingame.

Re: Vodkajack's GM app.

Postby Experimentz » 03 Nov 2014, 00:13

First off, I would like to say that Alexander is a very professional individual. I wouldn't normally go onto another applicants application and talk about them, while my application is still pending. But, I enjoy being around him. He is a very calm person who doesn't get mad at the little things. We were doing some 3v3's earlier and even though we lost one of them, it's not like the other players I used to play with. We just laughed about the mistakes that we both made and continued to queue on. This application is very organized, and each answer involves each question. My favorite part about this application is,
"Well, honestly, there are a whole bunch of great applicants here. I'm sure everyone on this board feels as if they can make a difference in one way or another - or else they wouldn't be applying for this position."
It's a very true statement. Although some of us may bring more to the table than others, everyone that applies for this position feels that they can make a difference.
Alexander is a great guy and a great applicant. Thank you for being one of those people Alexander, and i wish you the best of luck!

Re: Vodkajack's GM app.

Postby Meatcave » 02 Feb 2015, 17:38

Hey,

Please send me your skype info in a forum message.
Head Game Master

Return to GM Applications