My macro to post cooldowns to party

Locked and being moved to appropriate class sections

My macro to post cooldowns to party

Postby Zedar » 04 May 2014, 08:47

/cast Ability
/run local A = "YOURABILITYNAMEHERE" if GetSpellCooldown(A)==0 then return end local S,D,E=GetSpellCooldown(A) SendChatMessage(A.. "cooldown: "..floor(S+D-GetTime()),"PARTY")

Just replace YOURABILITYNAMEHERE with spell name.

For example:

/run local A="Death Grip" if GetSpellCooldown(A)==0 then return end local S,D,E=GetSpellCooldown(A)SendChatMessage(A.. " cooldown: "..floor(S+D-GetTime()),"PARTY")

One can make simple macro to send all cooldowns into chat as well. Fairly useful when not using skype/PAB.

/run local A="YOURABILITYNAMEHERE" if GetSpellCooldown(A)==0 then SendChatMessage(A.." READY!","PARTY")return end local S,D,E=GetSpellCooldown(A)SendChatMessage(A.." CD: "..floor(S+D-GetTime()),"PARTY")

Made it easier to use with
local A = "your ability"

Just make sure you write ability name as

local A= "Death Grip"

and NOT local A= Death Grip

"" is mandatory.

Squeezed bit more space out of it so it can fit into single macro more easier.

If you want to use it in something like Shield Bash macro but exceed character limit, make seperate macro and link from another macro via /click whateveractionbutton (just giving out idea, not going to elaborate on this one).
Last edited by Zedar on 05 May 2014, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Dkuknown wrote:who think u r god of the class or smthing just put in ur head this idea it takes only 1/2 days to master any class u dumbfck idc why ur not banned it's between u and the staff it's there problem not mine u fatass

Re: My macro to post cooldowns to party

Postby Judgelawl » 05 May 2014, 16:27

Perhaps elaborate on this script and how to make it run to create more animo. Not everyone has knowledge about scripts, despite of how easy it may seem to some. What does this macro do that is so special? What does the average joe or jane has to do make this operational? What can a user expect from using this macro? Still I think it's a great thing that you made a macro for public. Good work.

Postby Zedar » 05 May 2014, 17:01

I thought it was simple enough :(

Anyways it just sends current cooldown of ability you input to script to party. Other version can be used to send message if the cd is ready.

I'll make it easier to use.
Dkuknown wrote:who think u r god of the class or smthing just put in ur head this idea it takes only 1/2 days to master any class u dumbfck idc why ur not banned it's between u and the staff it's there problem not mine u fatass

Postby Deicidium » 20 Oct 2014, 17:15

Judgelawl wrote:What does this macro do that is so special?

says ur cooldown(s)

Judgelawl wrote:What does the average joe or jane has to do make this operational?

type in the spell then use the macro

Judgelawl wrote:What can a user expect from using this macro?

u press it and it says the cooldown

Postby Billy » 20 Oct 2014, 17:20

and the scripts?

Postby soro » 22 Nov 2014, 21:35

rly nice tks

Return to Macros