2 spells 1 macro.

Locked and being moved to appropriate class sections

2 spells 1 macro.

Postby Otis » 08 Feb 2014, 04:51

Hey everyone,sorry if there is already a thread about this but I was wondering if maybe some of you could enlighten me here,here's my question :

I'm playing a Warlock and my Immolate get's pummelled/kicked/mindfroze/sheared. Is there a macro I could use that could immediately make me start casting Shadowbolt since my fire school is interrupted?

I've tried using : /cast Immolate
/cast Shadowbolt
(I admit that it's one of the shittest macros ever)
but that clearly doesn't work,it won't start casting Shadowbolt and will always focus on Immolate over Shadowbolt,even if my fire school is locked.
Maybe there is a circumstance modifier that one of you could help me throw in there to make it work,if it's possible ofc.
Thanks !

Re: 2 spells 1 macro.

Postby Erpforlife » 08 Feb 2014, 04:58

why dont u just mash shadowbolt keybind while casting immolate? dont need a macro for this
/castsequence might be something but then it will always cast shadowbolt after immolate, so if immolate gets dispelled ur screwed for the reset duration

Postby Otis » 08 Feb 2014, 05:03

Erpforlife wrote:why dont u just mash shadowbolt keybind while casting immolate?

It's basically to save a bind. And I dunno,it's just a nobrainer, you just have to mash that bind,which makes it easier, and that's what macros are for !

And yeah /castsequence works the way you said it would,i'm not able to reapply Immolate untill I've finished casting Shadowbolt.

Postby Erpforlife » 08 Feb 2014, 05:30

using backlash shadowbolts on mages fire wards can be useful, so I'd still recommend having a separate keybind for it.

Postby Otis » 08 Feb 2014, 05:32

Erpforlife wrote:using backlash shadowbolts on mages fire wards can be useful, so I'd still recommend having a separate keybind for it.

Ah I guess you're right but maybe someone could still find a way,it may be useful for some other classes.

Postby Zedar » 08 Feb 2014, 19:22

I thought about utilizing changeactionbar for something like this.

For example (haven't tested):

Macro to ActionButtonX:

/cast Immolate
/changeactionbar [bar:1] 2

on same location but in actionbar 2

/cast Shadow Bolt
/changeactionbar [bar:2] 1

It will always rotate between immolate and shadowbolt so I'm not entirely sure if it's viable option. Could be used for Immolate -- > conflagrate instead though.
Dkuknown wrote:who think u r god of the class or smthing just put in ur head this idea it takes only 1/2 days to master any class u dumbfck idc why ur not banned it's between u and the staff it's there problem not mine u fatass

Postby Otis » 09 Feb 2014, 04:23

Zedar wrote:I thought about utilizing changeactionbar for something like this.

For example (haven't tested):

Macro to ActionButtonX:

/cast Immolate
/changeactionbar [bar:1] 2

on same location but in actionbar 2

/cast Shadow Bolt
/changeactionbar [bar:2] 1

It will always rotate between immolate and shadowbolt so I'm not entirely sure if it's viable option. Could be used for Immolate -- > conflagrate instead though.

Thanks,I'll try it out see if it works

Postby gza » 09 Feb 2014, 14:40

You cannot do it. Both of the spells require a global cooldown so the only way is to make them with /castsequence x,y. You dont want this cause it will often ruin your game and will just lead to more piss.
My advice is this. Get one addon like Power Auras. Make a tracking wich will look like "my spell cooldown" or "spell usable"and add there "immolate" as an inverted tracking (to activate only when its not working). Or any spell wich is not usable when you geting kicked/pummeled. After that you can make it to show the icon of Shadowbolt.
In short words: when Immolate goes in cooldown you will get an icon on the screen showing Shadowbolt. So you know that you must move the finger to Shadowbolt button without looking at bars to realise you've been locked.

Postby Katsumoto » 10 Feb 2014, 16:02

Use a modifier cast key? Saves your keybind, unless you have modifier keys already bound, in which case you should have open space somewhere.

Postby Wintrader » 11 Feb 2014, 19:25

I can only think of something like this:

/castsequence reset=2 Immolate,Shadow Bolt

If you mash the button it should start casting shadow bolt if you get interrupted on immolate. It will not work if for example your chaos bolt gets kicked and then you want to cast shadow bolt though, so I'd recommend you get a seperate bind.
Something else you could do is this:

/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm] Shadow Bolt; Immolate

If you mouseover the target you will cast shadowbolt, otherwise you will always just cast immolate at your target

Postby Quwino » 12 Feb 2014, 04:01

its just not possible. The only way to cast multiple spells with the same keybind (no modifiers like shift/Ctrl...) is castsequence and thats not what you need.

Postby gza » 12 Feb 2014, 07:23

After having same problem, having to cast often another spell due to intrerupts i stoped at this solution. Having on bar both spells and when you cast Immolate spam Shadowbolt spell.If Immolate is intrerupted you start casting Shadowbolt right away. If not, when Immolate casts goes on till end you see it on the screen so towards the end of Immolate cast time stop spaming Shadowbolt and continue to your other spells.

Postby Xenophilia » 15 Jun 2014, 06:30

Unfortunetly you cant do such a macro but you can make a macro that takes one spell slot but with a key hold or after first spell changes to another spell.
Example :
/castsequence Immolate,Shadow Bolt
Try this it would help you. All you gotta do is spam the button.

Postby linox » 15 Jun 2014, 16:22

/cast [nomod] spell1name
/cast [mod:shift] spell2name

Maybe its good :O
~ HUN ~

Return to Macros