Need ideas for totemstomping macro

Locked and being moved to appropriate class sections

Need ideas for totemstomping macro

Postby Zedar » 25 Oct 2013, 14:12

Claw on mouseover macro feels slightly useless because it will claw + melee totem, when either would be enough, thus pet's melee swing and gcd go on cooldown, I'm looking for ideas that would either delay claw or otherwise utilize both pettack and claw for mouseover.

Preferably in single macro. Currently my macro is:

/stopmacro [mouseover,noexists]
/petstay
/cast [@mouseover] Claw
/petattack [@mouseover]
/run local name = UnitName("mouseover"); SendChatMessage("Stomping " .. name .. "", "Party", nil,
Dkuknown wrote:who think u r god of the class or smthing just put in ur head this idea it takes only 1/2 days to master any class u dumbfck idc why ur not banned it's between u and the staff it's there problem not mine u fatass

Re: Need ideas for totemstomping macro

Postby Brillzor » 25 Oct 2013, 15:55

I'm pretty sure there's no way for it to delay auto attack with claw. You can only do this with 2 spells as far as I know, since autoattack is automatic. I'm pretty sure the way you're doing it right now is the most efficient for making sure the totem gets killed as fast as possible if autoattack is on cd of course.

Since I can't test it right now my best bet would be to try
/castsequence [@mouseover] petattack, claw
or the other order of spells could possibly work too.
I would imagine this might be useless because if one is on CD you will have to press it again

Postby Zedar » 25 Oct 2013, 19:00

This kind of stuff is exactly I was looking for, although I doubt castsequence works with petattack.

I thought about using changeactionbar to toggle between petattack and claw macros and thus rotate them.
Dkuknown wrote:who think u r god of the class or smthing just put in ur head this idea it takes only 1/2 days to master any class u dumbfck idc why ur not banned it's between u and the staff it's there problem not mine u fatass

Postby Lawz » 25 Oct 2013, 21:47

That's not exactly the answer you want, but it's related to this topic and some ppl can find it interesting : with BindPad (version 2.2.4) you can use some special bindings such as shift and/or ctrl and/or alt + left/right mouse button. I now use that kind of bindings (ctrl + left mouse for me) for macros such as yours (mouseover ones)
Nuriloria wrote:DK damage is LOW

skyL wrote:UnhDk are one of most hardest classes.

Audaciter wrote:most dpriests can handle a warrior alone for roughly 2 mins

argorok wrote:theres nothing wrong about warrior dmg

Brainac wrote:we do play at peak times often [...] those remaining good teams are just queue dodging us

Postby Zedar » 25 Oct 2013, 23:29

Those work with almost any keybinding addon actually.

I've been using capslock as alt gr for modifier for over 4 years now.

Postby Brillzor » 26 Oct 2013, 07:38

Zedar wrote:although I doubt castsequence works with petattack.
I assume you actually tried it?

Rotating actionbars isn't a bad idea considering there aren't a lot of options for this. Thing is will you keep track of your pets autoattack and claw? This is a tough issue to fix :X.

Postby Voltagex » 26 Oct 2013, 08:34

I just mouseover wand or mouseover throw :(
noisa wrote:enay u didnt say that when u asslicked hophel and me to play with u so u can get more than 2k ahhaha

Postby Zedar » 26 Oct 2013, 13:42

I went with changeactionbar.

Using 2 macros, on same keybind. Both toggle the other one after using either petattack or claw. Thus I can kill totems little bit faster x)

I'll try out castsequence as well since it would work very similarly without having to use changeactionbar.

Postby Brillzor » 26 Oct 2013, 23:51

Zedar wrote:I went with changeactionbar.

Using 2 macros, on same keybind. Both toggle the other one after using either petattack or claw. Thus I can kill totems little bit faster x)

I'll try out castsequence as well since it would work very similarly without having to use changeactionbar.

If you could, please come back and update if the castsequence works and what the format for the macro you've chosen is for future reference.

Postby Crock » 27 Oct 2013, 05:31

/petattack [target=mouseover,harm,nomod]
/petfollow [mod:shift]
/petstay [mod:ctrl]

my macro
1, 2, 3

Postby Zedar » 27 Oct 2013, 21:34

Crock's macro seems useful however I'm used for using default keybinds for pet control apart from special abilities + mouseover.

As for macro I first with went changeactionbar, it was working great.

While testing castsequence I came in conclusion, CASTSEQUENCE PETATTACK DOESNT WORK.

Instead I came up with more simple thus in sense more effective macro;

/petattack [@mouseover] petattack
/stopmacro [@pettarget,noexists]
/cast [@mouseover] shadow bite

EDIT: Not sure if stopmacro actually does anything :d can't bother to test since I'm not using it myself.

you can replace shadow bite with claw and such.

Slightly weaker in sense that you have to mouseover when pet is in melee range (toggling uses either claw or petattack so no issue with that).

For toggling action bars;

/petstay
/petattack [@mouseover]
/changeactionbar [bar:1]2

/petstay
/cast [@mouseover] Claw
/changeactionbar [bar:2]1

Toggling is more effective for me for totemstomping so I'll be using it.

Actionbar addon is necessary so you can get default action bars just for swapping.

Postby Brillzor » 27 Oct 2013, 22:43

/petattack [@mouseover] petattack
/stopmacro [@pettarget,noexists]
/cast [@mouseover] shadow bite

I like the idea of this, I'll think about if there's a way to make this more useful. This would be great for totems specifically and I will be testing on them accordingly.

Postby Zoil » 01 Nov 2013, 17:42

You could also make a macro that simulates clicking at other macro on your actionbars.

/petattack [@mouseover]
/click MultiBarRightButton1

And put on MultiBarRightButton1 macro which contains
/cast [@mouseover] Claw

Just a idea, no clue will it work :)

Return to Macros