Looking for an addon/script (nameplates + totems)

Looking for an addon/script (nameplates + totems)

Postby Lawz » 07 May 2014, 13:44

Hi, I'm looking for an addon if it exists, but I guess it doesn't, and I also guess it's possible to do it with scripts or a custom "simple" addon.

I would like to mix normal nameplate bars with a tidy plates functionality, to chose which totems are shown, and which are not. I would like to have normal nameplates, except some would be hidden (basically all nameplates of "useless" totems would be hiddem, and it would be easier to target totems I want to kill). I had tried to find out by myself some time ago, but didn't find anything. Some ppl here may know how to do it I hope :s

Actually there is this functionality in mop (maybe cata), if it can help.
Nuriloria wrote:DK damage is LOW

skyL wrote:UnhDk are one of most hardest classes.

Audaciter wrote:most dpriests can handle a warrior alone for roughly 2 mins

argorok wrote:theres nothing wrong about warrior dmg

Brainac wrote:we do play at peak times often [...] those remaining good teams are just queue dodging us

Re: Looking for an addon/script (nameplates + totems)

Postby Deicidium » 07 May 2014, 15:49

Threat plates
It can do shit loads of things like show the icon of specific totems above their nameplates and hide all totem nameplates, including hundreds of other things.
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tidy-p ... es/?page=3

On another note, did you know you can make a macro to tell your pet to kill a totem?

Postby Zedar » 07 May 2014, 16:16

Kollektiv posted dozen of awesome UI scripts back in wotlk.

I'd recommend you to try to look for those, I recall him posting some nameplate related ones, but I'm not entirely sure if they could hide certain totems.
Dkuknown wrote:who think u r god of the class or smthing just put in ur head this idea it takes only 1/2 days to master any class u dumbfck idc why ur not banned it's between u and the staff it's there problem not mine u fatass

Postby Lawz » 07 May 2014, 17:53

Deicidium wrote:Threat plates
It can do shit loads of things like show the icon of specific totems above their nameplates and hide all totem nameplates, including hundreds of other things.
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tidy-p ... es/?page=3

On another note, did you know you can make a macro to tell your pet to kill a totem?

Thanks for the answer but I already know this addon. I prefer native nameplates, and that's why I created this topic

The macro to kill totems doesn't exist anymore, you could use it back to tbc, smth like that, in 3.3.5 it's impossible to use it (doesn't target any totems)

Zedar wrote:Kollektiv posted dozen of awesome UI scripts back in wotlk.

I'd recommend you to try to look for those, I recall him posting some nameplate related ones, but I'm not entirely sure if they could hide certain totems.

I've seen many scripts by him, I use some of them, unfortunately I didn't find any nameplates related ones, would you mind telling me where he posted that kind of scripts? I think I should be able to mess up with them to hide specific totems (I hope)

Brainac wrote:we do play at peak times often [...] those remaining good teams are just queue dodging us

Postby raisnilt » 08 May 2014, 17:25

Sadly it's impossible to hide/show/resize/change position of any nameplates in combat, except if u bind it to a key*.
But that option is useless for your request. You can only change the nameplate textures in combat, but than the "invisible targeting buttonframe" still there, so useless again.

*Maybe im wrong about this but ~ a year ago i tried to create an addon which changes the Totem Nameplates into icons.
I used one of the "Secure function" to resize & position the nameplate in combat. To do you had to press a keybind which was set in the .lua code. I gave up and deleted cause it was useless.

edit: Of course out of combat its quite simple, for me at least if needed.
Last edited by raisnilt on 08 May 2014, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lawz » 08 May 2014, 17:34

This is interesting to know, but there are many addons replacing native nameplates, such as TidyPlates, which is well known also because it allows to show only certain totems/other nameplates. For that I guess it disables all nameplates, and creates new ones (which is probably not a secure function). So I guess (maybe I'm wrong) it would be easy to disable all nameplates, and create new ones, with default skins, only on the nameplates I want to show (i.e. all nameplates apart from totem nameplates). Is that correct ?

Postby raisnilt » 08 May 2014, 17:56

If thats true that would be quite interesting for me too.

Lawz wrote: it allows to show only certain totems/other nameplates.

Could u tell me how tidyplates can do this? (Ingame Options Menu: i cant find totem setup)
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tidy-p ... 24-5-13-3/
downloaded but cant find that function ingame :(

Until i see my eyes i cannot imagine sorry. Any button** is "protected in combat" im nearly sure.
I hope ur right & im gonna check the code after that, cause that would be quite useful and probably find something (but cannot promise anything).

*edit: rewrite, my bad english :(
**edit: not all of them, i cant remember what depends on, but in this situtation it doesnt matter.
Last edited by raisnilt on 08 May 2014, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lawz » 08 May 2014, 18:05

Ah I thought you had heard of this before. Actually you have to download "tidy plates: clean plates" as well, and check in the options. It's quite well known, at least on AT from what I've seen (but I prefer basic nameplates by far)

Postby raisnilt » 08 May 2014, 18:44

Thanks, i downloaded and tested but sadly i have bad news.

Tested, but: If Totem Options Hide Health Bar is unchecked, and for example Wrath of Air Totem Show Totem Unchuecked even then The Invisible Nameplate is still there in that addon too, only the textures are hidden. (Tooltip shows but i target only the invisible nameplate, not the Totem Object)
Was that the addon feature? Cause sadly than this can't resolve the problem too.

*(However thank you for sharing me cause i learned a new stuff. Somehow without Enabled Totem Nameplates this can get those Plates Position for the totem icons. Wonderfull ! --> gonna build into my nameplate addon)
* edit: my wrong, still impossible, to get the nameplates position without showing them :(

I might misunderstood the question than sorry. But if u want nameplates only for your chooed specific totems (so not all of them), that is impossible. Only ways that CleanPlates also used:
*1. if those are just [Texture nameplates] which -sadly- won't react for any click* edit: my wrong, still impossible, to get the nameplates position without showing them :(
2. or the [hidden totem nameplate invisible hitbox] are still there to cause some targeting problem.
Last edited by raisnilt on 09 May 2014, 20:35, edited 3 times in total.

Postby verballeet » 08 May 2014, 21:21

any way to make custom nameplates which show everything like classic blizzard nameplates and only display icons on tremor/ grounding totem?

Postby raisnilt » 08 May 2014, 22:40

verballeet wrote:any way to make custom nameplates which show everything like classic blizzard nameplates and only display icons on tremor/ grounding totem?

Yes thats possible. I can upload tomorrow. Which one do you want?

1. nameplates on every totem + icon on tremor+grounding => it takes very short time
2. hide all totam nameplates, but show an icon for tremor+grounding =>i"ll use that in my addon but i have to check how tidyplates did that :) so may need a bit more time

Postby verballeet » 08 May 2014, 23:39

raisnilt wrote:
verballeet wrote:2. hide all totam nameplates, but show an icon for tremor+grounding =>i"ll use that in my addon but i have to check how tidyplates did that :) so may need a bit more time

would be amazing

Postby raisnilt » 09 May 2014, 19:49

verballeet wrote:
raisnilt wrote:
verballeet wrote:2. hide all totam nameplates, but show an icon for tremor+grounding =>i"ll use that in my addon but i have to check how tidyplates did that :) so may need a bit more time

would be amazing

Sorry my mistake. :( I thought Tidyplates found a way for that but now i checked again and that's also impossible. Ingame with Threatplates: when I choose only show icons for totem (so hide the healthbar) the invisible nameplate hitbox is still there. However if u still need one of the 2 avaliable solution pls choose and i'll upload. These are quite easy for me.

1. nameplates on every totem + icon on tremor+grounding
2. nameplates on every totem + icon on tremor+grounding BUT all the other TEXTURES (for all totems) are hidden => so you will see only 2 icon, but the "invisible nameplate" hitbox still there :(

Postby Schaka » 09 May 2014, 21:09

I'd be interested in the second option. Can you make it manatide+tremor+earthbind+grounding?

Postby raisnilt » 09 May 2014, 22:18

Download Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/raiswot ... r/download
Install: Extract to "Interface\AddOns\" folder.
Note: Default changes Grounding+Tremor only, but ..
Setup:
A) add/remove totem:
    1. Open "Interface\AddOns\TotemPlates\TotemPlates.lua" with notepad
    2. Change: true to SHOW or false to HIDE: Screenshot at bottom
B) change textures:
    1. Create your textures in a 64x64 .png
    2. Conver it to .blp
    3. Copy to "Interface\AddOns\TotemPlates\Textures" and name it to the totem name
C) change position/scale:
    1. Open "Interface\AddOns\TotemPlates\TotemPlates.lua" with notepad
    2. Change one of these values in the Table: Screenshot at bottom
Screenshot

/there might be some bug, i didn't give much time for testing, so if you find any report, thx. Hope i helped.
Last edited by raisnilt on 15 May 2014, 15:28, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Addons