[TBC] Tweaked default UI

[TBC] Tweaked default UI

Postby Schaka » 15 Mar 2014, 23:39

It is more or less a pack of AddOns, most of which I wrote myself or backported, as well as some scripts to re-size and re-position the elements of Blizzard's default UI. It also has a small texture pack to make looking at 5 year old unitframes more bearable.

The UI is as close to the default UI as possible without missing a lot of the features it has in later expansions. When you log in, all frames are unlocked by default and you can move them around at will. They will stay in whatever position you left them.
You can use "/schakapvpui player 1.2", "/schakapvpui target 1.1" etc to scale frames accordingly.

Use "/juked test" to move your InterruptBar around. It is set to hidden and smart by default and only shows spells that were already used. This takes up almost no space.

If you were using an older version and you now want to update to this version, please go into your WTF folder, into your server's folder and delete your character's folder. ONLY do this if you are not using a bunch of other addons.
Download - Replace your Interface folder with the Interface folder inside the ZIP.

This UI includes:
  • built-in InterruptBar (called Juked)
  • built-in PartyAbilityBars (can be linked to Partyframes by using /schakapvpui pab)
  • built in CombatLogFix to prevent all AddOns from breaking
  • built-in ClassPortraits
  • built-in FocusFrame
  • built-in CombatIndicator
  • external LoseControl
  • external OmniCC
  • external BugGrabber/BugSack to catch nasty LUA errors should they occur
  • external EnemyBuffTimers
  • external Gladdy with spec based cooldown tracker
  • external TotemPlates to hide annoying totem nameplates
  • external ActionBarSaver to save your action bar settings
  • external SolaceBuffDisplay to display party buffs
  • Ace1-3 library for addon compatibility
Last edited by Schaka on 31 May 2014, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [TBC] Tweaked default UI

Postby sckar » 16 Mar 2014, 15:46

Hi shacka thank for thit UI but i need to know, how can i remove the combat text to use the blizzard combat text and how i can move the player UI and taget to their normal place (i know i can unlock but is totaly random and i tryed to do it with align but its always not perfect -_-)

Postby Schaka » 16 Mar 2014, 16:55

I made no changes to the combattext except for scale. really.
But you can go to Interface/AddOns/SchakaPvPUI/SchakaPvPUI.lua and delete this code:
Spoiler
--player
               PlayerFrame:ClearAllPoints()
               PlayerFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", -150, -135)
               PlayerFrame:SetScale(1.25)
               --target
               TargetFrame:ClearAllPoints()
               TargetFrame:SetPoint("RIGHT", PlayerFrame, 250, 0)
               TargetFrame:SetScale(1.25)
               --party
               PartyMemberFrame1:ClearAllPoints()
               PartyMemberFrame1:SetPoint("LEFT", PlayerFrame, -215, 150)
               PartyMemberFrame1:SetScale(1.6)
               PartyMemberFrame2:SetScale(1.6)
               PartyMemberFrame3:SetScale(1.6)
               PartyMemberFrame4:SetScale(1.6)
               TargetofTargetFrame:ClearAllPoints()
               TargetofTargetFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", TargetFrame,-15,-10)
               TargetofFocusFrame:ClearAllPoints()
               TargetofFocusFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", FocusFrame,-15,-10)

-- player castbar
               CastingBarFrame:ClearAllPoints()
               CastingBarFrame:SetPoint("TOP", PlayerFrame, 10, -8)
               CastingBarFrame.SetPoint = function() end
               CastingBarFrame:SetScale(1.25)
               -- target castbar
               TargetFrameSpellBar:ClearAllPoints()
               TargetFrameSpellBar:SetPoint("TOP", TargetFrame, -20, -4)
               TargetFrameSpellBar.SetPoint = function() end
               TargetFrameSpellBar:SetScale(1.15)

if LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CombatText") then
                ENTERING_COMBAT = "+Combat"
                LEAVING_COMBAT = "-Combat"
                CombatText:SetScale(.85)
                COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO["ENTERING_COMBAT"].r = 1
                COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO["ENTERING_COMBAT"].g = 0
                COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO["ENTERING_COMBAT"].b = 1
                COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO["LEAVING_COMBAT"].r = 1
                COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO["LEAVING_COMBAT"].g = 0
                COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO["LEAVING_COMBAT"].b = 1
        end

The alternative is to turn on /schakapvpui move, make sure it says "frames can now be moved" as a response in the chat. Then you can move frames around (if extended Unitframes does not have them locked) and they will stay in that position after relog.

Postby sckar » 16 Mar 2014, 21:52

I've got an other problem with buff Image
Image as you can't see with you're UI i can see some buff when there is to much buff or debuff -_-

Postby Schaka » 16 Mar 2014, 22:18

Put this code back into SchakaPvPUI.lua
TargetofTargetFrame:ClearAllPoints()
TargetofTargetFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", TargetFrame,-15,-10)

Postby sckar » 16 Mar 2014, 23:05

Ho thank you so much !!!!!!!

Postby Stavica » 17 Mar 2014, 06:19

This is a really good ui, BUTI highly recommend having moveanything so you can modify the sizes, locations and so on of all the things here (Assuming it doesn't come with it).

Link: http://wowaddons.snowolf.eu/index.php?act=view&id=69

I consider this UI package as a nice starter, and then you can add one or two things atop it. But pretty much every addon you might need for PVP is in there.

Postby Prymex » 17 Mar 2014, 10:03

My target frame keeps reverting to the default scale.

BugSack Report:
[2014/03/17 08:53:49-10-x1]: SchakaPvPUI\SchakaPvPUI.lua:49: Usage: FocusFrame:SetScale(scale)
SchakaPvPUI\SchakaPvPUI.lua:49: in function <Interface\AddOns\SchakaPvPUI\SchakaPvPUI.lua:41>

Can you help me fix this please?

Also: I don't know why it says 'FocusFrame' because the actual focus frame is fine, it's just the target frame that is bugged.
Electric wrote:Mystic used to be my icon, till I raped him.

Postby Schaka » 17 Mar 2014, 11:35

Prymex wrote:My target frame keeps reverting to the default scale.

BugSack Report:
[2014/03/17 08:53:49-10-x1]: SchakaPvPUI\SchakaPvPUI.lua:49: Usage: FocusFrame:SetScale(scale)
SchakaPvPUI\SchakaPvPUI.lua:49: in function <Interface\AddOns\SchakaPvPUI\SchakaPvPUI.lua:41>

Can you help me fix this please?

Also: I don't know why it says 'FocusFrame' because the actual focus frame is fine, it's just the target frame that is bugged.

The error you're getting is because you can only scale the FocusFrame when it is actually set. So you have to /focus yourself or someone else before you can scale it (by using /schakapvpui focus 1.2).
As for your TargetFrame issue, you have to turn on /schakapvpui move. It will prevent your frames from resetting by loading your own positions/scales instead of the default ones.

Postby Prymex » 17 Mar 2014, 17:50

Schaka wrote:The error you're getting is because you can only scale the FocusFrame when it is actually set. So you have to /focus yourself or someone else before you can scale it (by using /schakapvpui focus 1.2).
As for your TargetFrame issue, you have to turn on /schakapvpui move. It will prevent your frames from resetting by loading your own positions/scales instead of the default ones.

The focus frame scale is fine, I'm more concerned about the target frame because I did everything as you said and it still doesn't work. I might just be retarded tho :/

Can you maybe make a step-by-step guide so I can be sure that it does(n't) work for me?
Electric wrote:Mystic used to be my icon, till I raped him.

Postby Schaka » 17 Mar 2014, 18:52

Prymex wrote:
Schaka wrote:The error you're getting is because you can only scale the FocusFrame when it is actually set. So you have to /focus yourself or someone else before you can scale it (by using /schakapvpui focus 1.2).

The focus frame scale is fine, I'm more concerned about the target frame because I did everything as you said and it still doesn't work. I might just be retarded tho :/

Can you maybe make a step-by-step guide so I can be sure that it does(n't) work for me?

Type /schakapvpui move until it says "Frames can now be moved". Might have to do it twice.
Type /schakapvpui target 1.0 and have your target scaling work. Now you can relog, nothing will change

If you want to be able to move frames, type /euf lock.

Postby Schaka » 31 May 2014, 01:54

Updated this today. Took care of all the complaints I had about not being able to move frames and frames being pre-positioned or too big already. It is now up to the user to do what he wants with the frames. Additionally, some people had asked for PortraitTimers for TBC. With my EnemyBuffTimers release, I was able to re-write LoseControl to do just that.
Unfortunately, it only works in about 90% of cases and sometimes simply won't show a timer. Once I find out what causes it, I will update the download linl.

See OP for more info.

Postby Shadoko » 31 May 2014, 12:55

Hello,

Thanks for this great UI !

Nevertheless, I got some issues as a rogue: the combo points bar doesnt scale when you change target's frame size, and it's moved a bit far from the frame... What can I do ?
Musqi wrote:I will give you advice on future
Do not insult other people who have succeeded more than you, if you a piece of shit fat.

Postby Schaka » 02 Jun 2014, 13:45

I can't reproduce that issue. Does it stay that way, even after relogging?

Postby Shadoko » 03 Jun 2014, 05:26

Yes it does. Also the frames stay unlocked after a relog. Gonna upload a pic tomorrow.

I also noticed some bugs with the cast bar under the nameplate: sometimes it freeze and then randomly (but slowly) continue to cast eventho the target isnt casting anything. Gonna try to catch it up when it occurs.
Musqi wrote:I will give you advice on future
Do not insult other people who have succeeded more than you, if you a piece of shit fat.

Return to Addons