Boomkin plays.

Boomkin plays.

Postby Rankatanka » 06 Jan 2015, 22:15

Another shittly composed video made during the most boring day i've had in a long time. Just like all before, i made it to pass time but might as well post here for people to see as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98zUZAI ... e=youtu.be

Re: Boomkin plays.

Postby Farmhonorbro » 07 Jan 2015, 02:57

Hey dude!
I've loved it was freakin' awesome!
The boomkin gameplay is really something special.
Keep them coming!

Postby After » 07 Jan 2015, 15:43

Atleast one AT movie with good music :D Respect for playing hard class and it's funny to see that these low rated arenas are more enjoyable to watch than 90% of AT movies aka i'm a warrior let's make "2.6 hpal/war movie"

Postby fzix » 07 Jan 2015, 16:11

Nice video, man.

Always been a fan of your boomkin plays, may it be in-game or on youtube, good nevertheless.
Keep it up ;)

Postby Liebes » 07 Jan 2015, 16:31

Great spec and great music! I noticed you're doing well on soloq ladder too.

I'm wondering, would you ever consider switching to crit build for soloq? Tried a couple weeks ago, with the custom buffs it basically transforms moonkin into an ele shaman, damage wise at least.

Postby Rankatanka » 07 Jan 2015, 16:49

The games look funny becouse of our enormously big communication problems. It was another first time trying which shows, but everything was pretty decently pulled off in the end xD Rogue especially pulled off some very nice stunts.

And about crit build yeah, people have gotten high with it and have been very succesful. I just personally prefer the more longerlasting way of playing and really playing and setting kills up instead of going for random gibs or higher dmg.
I just like to keep the level of rng as low as possible. Like in 2s with a rogue if its a full blind into a clone with starfall+dance going on the target it doesnt matter if its full crit/mp5/strength gems the target is going to die. mp5 just lets me play for longer to get more chances to set up the kill.

And then in soloque if i manage most of the clearcasting procs for lifeblooms and keep healer going with innervates and melee doesnt yolo, its very likely to win the game by mana if a kill fails to land.

Postby Liebes » 07 Jan 2015, 17:22

Very good. Can you tell the name of the instrumental song starting at 8:00? The above titles aren't correct and seem to change randomly ...

Postby Rankatanka » 07 Jan 2015, 19:37

Its recorded from stream so they have nothing to do with each other but its Warmen - beyond abilities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idchGwnfyso

Postby Liebes » 08 Jan 2015, 19:46

Thanks, used to listen to so much power metal. Got semi-addicted to "Spark" by Warmen, it sounds like something Stratovarius would record at their peak with a singer that could actually sing.

Postby Liebe » 13 Jan 2015, 01:08

After 2 days of playing AT again I'm unsure on how to deal with countless healers, mainly discs for some reason, that constantly stand mid arena and/or die in 5 seconds through my peels/heals.

Sure I benefit from retarded healers as well, since I can spam clone them, but even so I think I lose more than I gain.

I'm not a great player, but I like to think I can juke, CC right targets and do a bit fair bit of dmg, offheal when needed too, and position myself so I can LoS. Apparently that's not enough to reach 1630 as a moonkin, but surely it's just me being bad, since I lost cca 100 points due to healers standing mid arena, getting chain ccd and me dying like a noob I am for actually wanting to deal dmg and expecting my healer to heal me.

Beyond abilities indeed - no idea how you got through the initial "special" healers batch, but gg.

Postby Rankatanka » 13 Jan 2015, 04:57

Liebe wrote:no idea how you got through the initial "special" healers batch, but gg.

Most of the time when you have a team full of retards the enemy team SHOULD have at least 1 retard as well. Then its just a matter of keeping your own retard(s) alive for longer. These are games i dont even plan at all, i just try to play trinkets and then focus on getting a good enough knock into los and going for a kill with nontrinket clone+starfall. But the cases where your team is full rele 1350 rated and you are up vs doubleglad team theres not much you can do.

Also i try to keep myself very hard to swap on. I dont have any soloque games recorded now to emphasize but denying good swaps completely is what makes you live, never trust the healers on soloque.

Return to Movies